Introducing Brian Smith

I this section you can introduce yourself, post invitations and more...

Moderator: Stany Buyle

BrianSmith
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Introducing Brian Smith

Post by BrianSmith »

Hi there, expect my username to change to BrianSmith in the near future!

I live on the west coast of the Isle of Skye, facing into the wind, with my partner Graham who does some hobbyist web design ( I do a lot of the custom graphics) and my mother who is now 92. We moved here from three seperate locations about 5 years ago and love every bit about our new home except perhaps the wind of which there is rather a lot.
I have variously designed televisions, produced and tested power MOSFETS and analysed rocks by x-ray diffraction but since my back and neck crumbled inconveniently I'm now retired and a bit disabled. We share our spot with about 70 hens, 3 geese and 2 cats, all of them pets and none get eaten. The hens are better than television.

I've been a photographer since I was 5, about 52 years ago and moved to digital some 8 years ago. Having gone through Casio, Olympus and Fuji equipment I have settled in the Nikon camp and don't ever expect to have enough money to leave it even if I wanted to. I prefer landscape, naturalist and still life photography to potraiture. Strangely I have become less rather than more bold over the years in taking the candid shots I prefer. Since I moved to Skye I have concentrated on the Skye landscape mostly because I am constrained by my caring role from travelling far. Fortunately Skye is one of the best places a landscape photographer could live. I have been trying to sell some of my work on my website but so far have only sold a hundred or so prints despite the super Google rankings my partner has achieved for me. I am thinking of branching out into high end, hand made greetings cards based on landscapes and some trial products have been well received. My Christmas cards this year are a trial run! A local business and friend, Skye Fancy Fowl, commisioned 150 Christmas cards from me and seem pleased with the result.

I think that's quite enough for now :o)
Lil Judd
AFFILIATED MEMBER
Active Member?: No
Post pictures?: No

Re: Introducing Brian Smith

Post by Lil Judd »

Lovely introduction Brian.

I will look forward to your photos from Isle of Skye. I've not ever been there, but I did own a Skye Terrier for many years when I was young.

thanks for sharing...

Lil :-)
Lil :-)
Wishing you Golden Light & willing subjects. My ever evolving galleries can be seen at http://lilknytt.zenfolio.com/
Stany Buyle
Active Member?: Yes
Post pictures?: Yes

Re: Introducing Brian Smith

Post by Stany Buyle »

Hi Brian,
Thanks for joining.
I just finished browsing around on your website. Congratulations. Great photography.
I'm honored to have you on our forum.
Vriendelijke groet,

Stany
Biljart speel je tussen de oren.
http://www.esbeecreations.be

Return to “New member - Introduction - "About me..." - Welcome - Invitations - Info how to join this forum”